After the first class meeting, I was excited to see many of the same faces from other classes. I have a feeling that will significantly help the semester and how comfortable I feel. Once we reviewed our syllabus and the plans laid out for the rest of the semester, the realization began to hit me that I am now actually in all the most meaningful classes I have ever taken in my collegiate career. The time for waiting has finally passed, and we are now closer than ever to achieving our dreams of being educators.
I am excited to also complete this Educational Psychology course. The very few things that concern me in the course are our teaching projects and the importance of them to the completion of the course. It is reassuring that we will be working with partners, and I do look forward to preparing this assignment.
My personal objectives for this class are not only being able to understand each and every concept presented but also to be able to apply those to the real classroom. Learning how to fit the right theory or practice with the individual kids in the collective classroom sounds like it will be a challenge, but it is one I am ready to face I'd like to explore the general motivation theories and the self-efficacy ideas further. I feel like those are two very important ideas when dealing with small children and will play an essential role in the children's individual efforts in the classroom.
I can't wait to dive in!
I hope that this course lives up to your expectations! I know that by teaching this course and interacting with all of you, I learn more about teaching.
ReplyDelete